10 Lines on World Ozone Day
Hello Friends in this post we are sharing 10 Lines on World Ozone Day. World Ozone Day is observed on September 16th every year to commemorate the signing of the Montreal Protocol on this day in 1987. The Montreal Protocol is an international treaty that aims to phase out the production and consumption of ozone-depleting substances (ODS) such as chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs).
The United Nations General Assembly designated September 16th as World Ozone Day to raise awareness about the depletion of the ozone layer and the efforts being made to address this global environmental issue. The theme for World Ozone Day changes every year, and it is chosen by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) based on the current state of the ozone layer and the latest scientific findings. After reading this post you will know Why is Ozone Day celebrated?, What happens on World Ozone Day?, What is Ozone Day celebrated in India? and more.
Short Essay on World Ozone Day
- World Ozone day is celebrated on 16 September of every year.
- World ozone day has been celebrated since 1994 and it was established by the Union Nations general assembly.
- We all know ozone saves Earth from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Without an ozone layer harmful rays of the Sun can reach the earth and harm us.
- The United Nations general assembly declared the day as world ozone day.
- Ozone is made up of three atoms of oxygen and is present in the stratosphere.
- Sun’s ultraviolet rays can cause serious injuries like cancer.
- There are many holes that have been found in the ozone layer by scientists which is not a good sign.
- Holes in the ozone layer are caused due to pollution we can stop this by planting trees.
- The trees can protects our environment .
- World ozone day is mainly celebrated to Spread awareness about the importance of ozone layer in our lives.
- On this day many schools organized special events and activities to raise awareness about ozone layer.