10 Lines on World Refugee Day in English
Welcome to our blog in this post we are sharing informative 10 lines on World Refugee Day. This will helpful for students in their learning and school homework also. Check out the lines:
10 Lines on World Refugee Day
- World Refugee Day is celebrated on 20th June every year.
- The day was first observed on June 20, 2001, to recognize the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.
- It is observed to recognize and applaud the contributions of forcibly displaced people throughout the world.
- These people flee their native place because of war, persecution and terror due to which they have to leave their homes and find shelter elsewhere.
- The 1951 refugee convention and the protocols that came in effect in 1967 protect the refugees’ rights worldwide.
- The rights state that the refugees are to be treated in the same manner as the other foreign nationals and nationals of the country.
- Every year this day is celebrated with a different theme.
- The theme of World Refugee Day in 2021 is “Together we heal, learn and shine”.
- World Refugee Day 2022 theme is ‘Whoever, Whatever, Whenever. Everyone has a right to seek safety’.
- Every year, World Refugee Day is celebrated with different activities in many countries around the world.
- These programs are led or participated in by immigrants, government officials, host groups, businesses, students, and others.
- On this day we can show our respect to the resilience and determination of millions of refugees around the world.