Skip to content
10 LINES ON INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY – 30 September 2020
- The International Translation Day is celebrated on 30 September every year.
- 30 September was chosen because this date celebrates the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators.
- It is established by the International Federation of Translators (FIT).
- The main purpose to celebrate International translation day is to raise awareness about the translation profession and to pay respect to the work of language professionals.
- The day helps in promoting cultural heritage and mutual respect in our changing world.
- According to the UN, International Translation Day plays an important role in bringing nations together.
- This day provides a great opportunity to show the great work of translators, interpreters and others in the language service industry.
- The theme of International Translation Day 2019 was focused on the indigenous languages that are in danger of disappearing.
- The theme of International Translation Day, 2020 is “Finding the words for a world in crisis”
- This day is celebrated with a series of events, seminars and symposiums across the world.