10 Lines on Mother Teresa
Hello friends welcome to our blog, we are here with an another informative post for you. We have provided ten lines on “Mother Teresa ” in English. Mother Teresa, also known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta, was a Catholic nun and missionary who devoted her life to serving the poor and sick in India. She was born on August 26, 1910, in Skopje, now the capital of North Macedonia, and was named Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.
Mother Teresa joined the Sisters of Loreto at the age of 18 and trained in Dublin, Ireland, before being sent to India to work as a teacher. However, she felt called to serve the poor and sick in the slums of Calcutta and eventually founded the Missionaries of Charity in 1950. The Missionaries of Charity grew to become a global organization, with over 4,500 sisters serving in more than 130 countries. The organization provides assistance to people in need, including the sick, the poor, and those with disabilities. After reading this posts you will know all about Mother Teresa that who is Mother Teresa?, What is Mother Teresa famous for?, Why did Mother Teresa came to India? etc.
Short Essay on Mother Teresa
- Mother Teresa was a well-known personality in the world.
- She was a nun in a Roman-Catholic church.
- She was born on 26 August 1910 in the Ottoman Empire.
- She want to live a religious life since her childhood.
- She came to India in 1929 and adopted its citizenship.
- In 1962, the Government of India awarded her with Padma Shri.
- She was also awarded with the highest Indian civilian award Bharat Ratna, in 1980.
- 5 September 1997 was the day when she breathed last.
- There are many roads, hospitals, airports, and streets globally with her name.
- Mother Teresa was globally famous for her great service towards the poor and sick people.
Read More: Essay on My Favorite Singer: Lata Mangeshkar