10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English
India is a country of festivals. People of all religions celebrate many festivals here with great enthusiasm. Many gods and goddesses are worshiped in the Hindu religion. According to the Hindu calendar, the last month from the 12 months of the year is the month of Phalguna. That’s why Falgun month has special space and importance in Hinduism. This year Falgun month is starting on 6th February 2023. There are many festivals like Mahashivratri, Phulaira Duj, Amalaki Ekadashi, Vijaya Ekadashi and Holi is being celebrated in Falgun month. One of the main festivals of Hindus is-Mahashivratri. In this post we are sharing 10 lines on Mahashivratri Festival.
You can use these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. I hope this will enhance your knowledge about Mahashivratri Festival. It will also help you in writing and learning Mahashivratri Festival essay, speech on this festival, few points or few lines on Mahashivratri.
Short Essay on Mahashivratri Festival
- Mahashivratri is a very important festival for Hindus.
- According to Hindu calendar Mahashivratri falls on 13th night or 14th day of krishna paksh in falgun’ month.
- On this day devotees visit the temples for prayers to Lord Shiva in early morning.
- People chant slogans like “Har Har Mahadev” and “Om Namah Shivay” during prayers.
- Some devotees also keep fast on this auspicious occasion of Mahashivaratri.
- On this day people also perform “Rudrabhishek” of Lord Shiva in temples.
- Many people offer ‘bel’ leaves, ‘dhatura flower, milk etc. to the shivling during Mahashivratri.
- This festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm in all over the India.
- This day is celebrated as the wedding day of lord Shiva and Maa Parvati.
- According to the story of Samudra Manthan, on this day, Bhole Nath took the Kalkut poison in his gorge.
- Mahashivratri is celebrated to mark and owe our respect towards Lord Shiva.
Visit more for Essay on Mahashivratri