10 Lines on World Laughter Day for Students and Children
World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May each year. The day was first celebrated in 1998 by Dr. Madan Kataria, the founder of the Laughter Yoga movement, as a way to promote the benefits of laughter and bring people together in a spirit of joy and celebration.
The idea behind World Laughter Day is to promote world peace and understanding through laughter. Laughter is a universal language that has the power to bring people together and break down barriers. The day is celebrated with various activities and events, such as laughter yoga sessions, comedy shows, and other fun-filled activities that encourage people to laugh and enjoy themselves.
Short Essay on World Laughter Day
- Charlie Chaplin, the famous comic artist said “Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain” and “A day without laughter is a day wasted”.
- For fulfil this thought the world celebrating the World Laughter Day on the first Sunday of May every year.
- This year it will be celebrated on 7 may.
- The first celebration of Laughter Day was celebrated in the year 1998 on 10th May, in Mumbai.
- It was arranged by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
- It is an annual event celebrated to raise awareness about laughter and its many healing benefits.
- There are many benefits of Laughter, it relieves physical tension and stress, leaving our muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter also boosts the immune system & protects our heart.
- Different Laughter clubs organize special programs on Laughter Day like mass laughter session, peace rallies, blood donation camps, free BP & diabetic tests, jokes and different competitions.
- Everyone should celebrates Laughter Day with great enthusiasm crossing all social, professional and personal barriers.
Read More: 10 Lines on Secrets of Happiness