10 Lines on Shitalashtami
Hello, friends welcome to our blog, we are here with another informative post for you. We have provided ten lines on “Shitalashtami” in English. After reading this post you will know about, Shitalashtami Festival that Which date is Shitalashtami?, Why Sheetala Ashtami is celebrated?, Where is Sheetala Ashtami celebrated? and more.
Short Essay on Shitalashtami
- Shitalashtami is a holy festival of Hindus.
- Sheetla Mata is worshiped on the Ashtami date of Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month.
- In some places the worship of Mata is done on the first Monday or Thursday after Holi.
- This year in 2023 the festival of Sheetla Ashtami will be celebrated on 15 March.
- The ritual of worshiping Sheetla Mata is also special.
- A day before on (saptami), food is prepared for offering to Shitala Mata, which is called Basoda.
- This stale food is eaten as Prasad and it is distributed as Prasad among all the devotees.
- It is for this reason that Sheetalashtami festival is known as Basoda in entire North India.
- On the occasion of Sheetlashtami, an annual fair is organized at Chaksu’s Sheel Dungri. Devotees from far and wide come here to pray Sheetla Mata.
- Sheetla Mata holds a broom and an urn in her hand. Broom is the symbol of cleanliness and 33 crore deities reside in the Kalash.
- According to Hindu mythological stories, Sheetla Mata is the goddess of smallpox and measles, with her blessings these diseases can be cured.
- People worship Sheetla Mata to protect their children and their family from diseases.