10 Lines on International Girl Child Day in English
International Girl Child Day is celebrated on October 11th every year to raise awareness about the challenges faced by girls around the world and promote gender equality. The day serves as an opportunity to highlight the importance of empowering girls and ensuring that they have access to education, healthcare, and other essential services.
The day was first celebrated in 2012, after the United Nations General Assembly declared October 11th as the International Day of the Girl Child. The theme for International Girl Child Day 2021 is “Digital generation. Our generation.” This theme highlights the importance of ensuring that girls have access to technology and digital tools, as well as the need to address the digital gender gap.
Short Essay on International Girl Child Day in English
- The international Girl Child Day is celebrated every year on 11th October.
- It is also called the Day of Girls and the International Day of the Girl.
- The National Girl Child Day is celebrated every year on 24th January in India.
- International Day of the Girl Child is an international observance day declared by the United Nations.
- The aim of celebrating this day is to highlight the inequality faced by girl children.
- This day ensures equal opportunities for the girls in the field of education, legal rights, health, honor, protection, etc.
- Every year the International Girl Child Day is celebrated across the world with the aim of raising the voice of the rights of girl children in the society.
- Many NGOs organize self-defense training programs like Judo, Karate, etc on occasion of international Girl Child Day.
- International Day Of The Girl celebrated to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face all over the world.
- To promote the status of girls in society, various programs are organized all over the world to celebrate international Girl Child Day.
- This day ensures that every girl child is given due respect and importance in our society.